- Andrea is a Director and Principal Engineer at Taft Engineering. With over 16 years’ experience in the industry, Andrea has a broad knowledge base of waste management, and in particular landfill design and management. Having lead small and large teams to deliver projects, Andrea understands the importance of communication and maintaining relationships between stakeholders to deliver projects successfully.
- Andrea has worked on almost every aspect of landfill design, from being involved in concept and detailed designs through to construction for new landfills, landfill extensions and closures, and disposal facilities for mine wastes. This work has included the preparation of feasibility assessments, planning documents, development applications, site management plans, construction contracts and management of the tender process.
- Andrea’s experience includes landfill construction supervision, construction quality assurance of geosynthetic, composite and clay lining and capping systems for landfill extensions and installation of landfill gas and leachate extraction systems. Andrea is also experienced in waste characterisation studies, waste management plans and strategies, co-ordination and compilation of environmental monitoring reports and drafting of environmental management systems. Andrea has also worked extensively with clients and regulatory bodies, including significant periods working at client facilities providing her with a clear client perspective on landfill objective and priorities.
- Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Hons)
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng)
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ)
- Fellow Institute Engineers Australia (FIEAust)
- National Engineering Register (NER)
- Chartered Waste Manager (CIWM)
- Fellow, Institution of Engineers Australia
- Member, Chartered Institution of Wastes Management